A Resource on COVID-19 Testing Methods

A Resource on COVID-19 Testing Methods

An FAQ on the types of tests available for COVID-19 and the main differences between each of them.

Author: Meena Kharatmal

Published on CovidGyan Website

Meena Kharatmal is a scientific officer and Ph.D. student at the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (TIFR) in Mumbai

6 Likes

4 Likes

Moved from content to article

4 Likes

Yes. thanks @vvcstemplay for pointing and thanks @jtd for pointing the change.

here is the link… I will also edit in the main page above.

now I have to also do the same thing on - twitter, blog, webpage, etc. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I think it would be a lot easier to create a dummy page that redirects to the functioning one.

3 Likes

Selective Naked-Eye Detection of SARS-CoV-2 Mediated by N Gene Targeted Antisense Oligonucleotide Capped Plasmonic Method
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsnano.0c03822

3 Likes

Superb new method. Certainly faster, and, since it is visual, possibly cheaper — that remains to be seen.

But it is not, yet, contactless.

4 Likes

Its interesting to see the naked eye detection. I was just wondering, about its cost-effectiveness of developing this as a mass testing methods. Considering the equipment required are quite high-end and sophisticated.

2 Likes

Currently they are using gold nano particles. But probably many other common elements nano particles with appropriate metasurfaces would serve the purpose of colour change.

2 Likes