Timing: 05:30pm to 08:30pm
Key points discussed during webinar.
Everyone please make use of shared notes to write important points discussed here.
- Circadian rhythm of a Phyllanthus plant
- We need to find relavent references
- Chitralekha mam suggested to keep Phyllanthus plants till we can observe the shift in
the pattern not for a week because as per Lakshmi’s observation bleaching can be occured
in Phyllanthus plants.
- Circadian rhythm can also be observed in larvae???what they do at night? Do they
- Circadian & circannual study.
- Mango mapping
- Migration of birds
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2017 was awarded jointly to Jeffrey C. Hall,
Michael Rosbash and Michael W. Young “for their discoveries of molecular mechanisms
controlling the circadian rhythm.”
- Can we relate molecular mechanism of Circadian rhythm of animal and plant?
- Which are the genes responsible for circadian rhythm in plants? are they similar to
genes in animals like drosophila?
- Identification of Phyllanthus urinaria .
- Characterstics of Drosophilidae family: two breaks in coastal vein, an incomplete vein
and anal cell
- One can use butter paper to get resolved picture of a wing
- We should try to take photograph of CsBz fruit fly wing with the same technique that
we are using to capture the picture of trapped native fruit flies wing. We can request Dibya
sir (from TIFR COLABA) if he can capture std.fruit fly wing photograph.
- How to get Red moina’s? Cube collaborators on moina’s work: Drishtant, Zahra,
Rechel,Man, sweta, and jojo.