4 th ISEB CONFERENCE : A CUBist PERSPECTIVE

Highlights:

The Story of Caste and Nutrition in the Indian Paper Wasp : Ropalidia marginata talk by Raghavendra Gadagkar

I dont belive it ,then i made a repeated confirmation of knowledge later it was proven that caste determination in Indian paper wasp had both preimaginal & post imaginal stages ( Sex determination is influenced by both larval and adult stages ).

The set up he made to study the colony character

How flowers are evolved with different colours

Yuval Sapir , his works reveal that how flowers posses different colours,& he found out which gene is responsible for it .I belive this might be one of the prominent discovery in plant science .we can wait until he publish his paper .

There are so many talk related to Fruitfly in connection with evolution . Every talk had a common connection with evolution, remembering the quote by Theodosius Dobzhansky:Nothing in biology make sense except in the light of evolution .

Brochure of ISEB Conference

Which is having three Abstract from CUBE .

Poster presentation :

I enjoyed a lot ,more than 15 times we all poster presenters might presented the posters to audience .Poster presentation was in a hall containing 37 posters .The poster presentation was awesome ,feeling like we are discussing our poster with prominent evolutionary biologists &getting suggestions .

Introducing CUBE & getting their response was awesome ,all are very excited about the number of Coauthors in posters as well as the observation based discussion that CUBE follow .

I use this opportunity to congratulate @Shraddha276 for getting Best paper presentation award from ISEB 2023 ,also her absents Dr.Arunan M.C received the award certificates .( A person who are there to encourage her & her Coauthors in every stages of poster making ).

Thanks to All collaboraters who helped her to achive the great success,there by made the glory of CUBE @ ISEB4

Meeting Dr.Arunan M.C was such a great experience ,sitting near to him was most proudful moment for me .Such a curious scientist he is .The intersting thing was sir finished his full pen ink by first day noon itself .Writing short note by means of cartoonist diagram and clearing doubts in every tea time all are made me Who actually a CUBists is .

Harshad ,an old Cubists one among the coordinater of ISEB conference .We got a special consideration as a CUbists from him :rofl: like got some special food from Gujarat .He shared his experience with us ,How CUBE ( Dr .M C Arunan& all Cubists ) made the way he is in .

I express my sincere thanks to Kiran ma’m who continuously there for us at any time during the Journey to Ahmedabad .

What is wrong with how we teach Evolution & how do we fix it Talk by Dr.MC ARUNAN (HBCSE Mumbai), Dr Amitabh Josha (INCASR, Bengaluru), Dr Geetanjali Mishra (University of Lucknow), D: INC Vidya UNCASR, Bengaluru). Dr Milind Watve (IISER Pune)

ISEB conference 2023
11/02/2023

The Conference begin with a diagram showing the participants sex ratio.
As per that professional in the conferences are more male & less females ( less than 50%)but in the case of students more females & less males( less than 50%) .:slightly_smiling_face:

Great learning experience ,i met several peoples with different perspective and learned so many things from them .Also i learned the meaning of Collaboratively understanding biology education in detail :first_quarter_moon_with_face::last_quarter_moon_with_face:Thanks to CUBE for giving such a great opportunity !!!
Let’s Work together and make the glory of CUBE in National to international levels in coming years !!!

2 Likes

credits of following Pictures - @Lakshmy

Experimental evolution of reproductive behaviour,Talk by Dr. N.G. Prasad
IISER Mohali
other than fruit flies, there were talks on Nematodes,Mimosa plants,wasp.

Game, set, and match: Life history contests in mutualist and parasite networks,talk by Professor Renee Borges Centre for Ecological Sciences, IISc, Bengaluru.

Game, set, and match: Life history contests in mutualist and parasite networks,talk by Professor Renee Borges Centre for Ecological Sciences, IISc, Bengaluru.

Significance of Home labs…

I understood when Prof. Raghavendra Gadagkar from Centre for Ecological Science tell his story of culturing wasp in their home by using boxes, which was his wife was using in the their kitchen.

Here, quote of famous scientists Obaid Siddiqi proved that Sophistication is required in mind not in lab.

1 Like

Glimpses of ISEB Conference

3 Likes