turtleArt - challenges (polygons)

Source: turtle confusion(book), by Barry Newell

The above are the collection of challenges suggested by Barry Newell in the book - Turtle Confusion.

Feel free to choose any of those 40 challenges and tinker around with the code to produce something similar. Also, it will be great if you can share that in the thread below along with specifying the pattern number.

During the exploration, if you discover something new, share that as a challenge for the community members too! We would also love to hear the stories/insights of your discoveries. You can also re-publish the same as a new topic in the turtleChat.

3 Likes

Dear Ravi bhai,
how can i install turtleart in linux mint ?
sachin

6 Likes

Hi Sachin

Thanks for asking the query.

@nagarjunag @surendra can you guide regarding the linux installation of turtle.sugarlabs.org?

For the python version of turtleArt, these links will be useful

Here is the turtle- graphics library, turtle — Turtle graphics — Python 3.11.4 documentation

Online environments:

https://repl.it/languages/python_turtle

2 Likes

Hi Ravi,
I registered for turtle session.But I didn’t receive any mail.I missed my first session.
Can you help me how can I join it.

Regards,
Manju

4 Likes

Look for sugar desktop in the packages, and turtle activity. usually the package has activity as a suffix. Let me know if you manged to get it. Else will give you more clues.

it may also be called TurtleBlocks

Hi Manju

The thread below has the details for the session and will be using this for future updates,

Hope this helps.

Dear Ravi,
using online I was made one pattern (attached )

Sachin

5 Likes

Great!

It would be nice to crop and keep the code block along with the artwork. That magnifies the image and enhances the visibility. So , I suppose this is inspired by puzzle 38 ? How do you came up with those values?

2 Likes