627th Day of CUBE chatShaala: CUBE SN COLLEGE VARKALA

CUBE ROOM LINK

webinar.hbcse.tifr.res.in

CUBE

You have been invited to join CUBE using BigBlueButton. To join, click the link above and enter your name.

CUBE
Please click on the CUBE (BLUE) to join the CUBE chatShaala

Timing:5.30 pm to 9.30 pm

Kindly add name of your place/aafiliation along with the full name while joining the CUBE chatShaala “Example- Kiran Yadav- HBCSE Mumbai”

Summary of yesterday’s (5th December 2021) chatShaala Discussion quoted by @Abhi0703
The discussion started with:-
:white_circle: CUBE Varkala which has formed just 2 days ago has posted some amazing set of observations on Mango trees.
:small_orange_diamond:Why mango mapping is important?
:small_orange_diamond:Is their a pattern that we get to see around the year in mango Sprouting, Flowering and Fruiting?
:small_orange_diamond:Does latitude and longitude play any role in Sprouting, Flowering and Fruiting?
:small_orange_diamond:Which are the Flowering season in Kerala? Does Kerala has 2 flowering seasons?

Summarising the data send by CUBE Varkala.
Data of Sara and Devika:-
:small_orange_diamond:Sara surveyed 20 trees and 8 are flowering.
:small_orange_diamond:Devika survyed 10 trees and 5 are flowering.
I.e. Total 13/30 trees are flowering in Varkala, Trivandrum, which were survyed by Sara and Varkala
44% is the rate of Flowering.

Harikrishnan from SN college Nattika will be getting data of mango trees from his hometown i.e. chittoor and his college i.e Coimbatore.
:small_orange_diamond:Based on her observations, Sara predicted that we could be happening in Coimbatore and palakkad in the month of December. Varkala :- 2°N Latitude, Palakkad:+ 10°N latitude.
:small_orange_diamond: Prediction:- Less number of trees will be flowering
Them we can on to discuss about Statistics and how a reliable data is very important in order to make sense out of it.

2 Likes