We tried to explore the concept of acid (strong and weak) and bases (strong and weak) using the Phet simulation.
- Link of the event post: click here
- Link of the simulation: Acid-Base Solutions - Acids | Bases | Equilibrium - PhET Interactive Simulations (colorado.edu) Acid-Base Solutions - Acids | Bases | Equilibrium - PhET Interactive Simulations (colorado.edu)
- Link of the recording: click here
- The pH and conductivity of water, strong acid, weak acid, strong base and weak base.
- Why the conductivity is high for strong acid and strong base compare to that of weak acid and weak base respectively?
- What is the difference between the dissociation of strong acid and weak acid (similarly for strong base and weak base)? How it affects the pH?
- The concept of conjugate acid and conjugate base.
- For a strong acid HA if initial concentration of HA is 0.01 M then what will be the final concentration of H^+ and A^- ? What we can say about the concentration range of H^+ if HA is a weak acid?
Collaborators in video resource creation: Professor Savita Ladage, Mursaleen Shaikh, Ravi Sinha, Swarnava Mitra
PhET Interactive Simulations
University of Colorado Boulder