This week we discussed beer’s law via PhET simulation. We explored various features of this simulation and understood the effect of all the variables on absorbance of a given solution.
Link of the simulation: https://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/beers-law-lab
Link of the recording: click here
- What is absorbance and transmittance?
- What is the relationship between absorbance and concentration of a solution?
- What is the relationship between absorbance and path length or container width?
- What happens to the absorbance value of a solution when we change the wavelength from its pre-set value?
- Can we derive a relation between absorbance and transmittance using the information given in this simulation?
- Is there any relation between color of light and color of solution?
We will continue our discussion on beer’s law in the next session.
Share your thoughts, questions and comments regarding the simulation.
We would like to hear about your experiences while exploring the simulation.
Kindly, let us know your suggestions and feedback so that we can collectively improvise the upcoming sessions.
Collaborators in video resource creation: Savita Ladage, Mursaleen Shaikh, Ravi Sinha, Swarnava Mitra, Meena Singh
PhET Interactive Simulations
University of Colorado Boulder