BFC Session-34 [September 25 2021] Nature of Reality - Are dreams, ideas, memories real?

In the last session, we discussed Order and multiple types of it. Please check the recording of the session and the discussion in the thread.

Extending this, we will continue our chat live, this Saturday, 25 Sep 2021, from 3-4 pm at webinar

Please share the post widely among and invite your young friends and colleagues.

See the recording here

Here, we chatted about the nature of reality. We wondered if the dreams, memories, ideas like Nation are real? What is their nature of existence?

1 Like

I watched the barefoot chat session on Nature of Reality. It was interesting.

And today I was going through Instagram and I found this:-

Albert Einstein, once wrote, 'Our situation is the following. We are standing in front of a closed box which we cannot open… I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that the vast majority of the universe is composed of dark matter. The fragile balance depends on things we’ll never be able to see, hear, smell, taste, or touch. Life itself depends on them. What’s real? What isn’t real? Maybe those aren’t the right questions to be asking. Perhaps Life is what we make of it. Travel is the traveller. What we see isn’t what we see but what we are…

I think that what all things we believe in decides how we perceive if something is real or unreal. As @jaikishan said during the session that, what is ‘real’ exists regardless of an individual or a community experiencing it. Experience is just a medium through which we know what is real. If we dive deep into this then of course questions will arise as is ‘what is real be can imagination or are we living in a stimulation?’ so what we do is that we make ourselves comfortable with the subjective answers and skip objectivity.

And yes somewhere Imagination is related to some sort of reality. like we used to watch DOREMON and doremon is a robot from the 22nd Century who has gadgets of his time and when he uses that gadgets it seems like Magic to us but the people in his time use it in daily life. so the writer of Doremon must have imagined the character because he had some sort of idea of how technology is going to advance from present time.
what do you all think? @karnamdpdurga @jaikishan @saida786110 @2020ugchsncnseethala @Janhvi_deshmukh17

2 Likes