This week we discussed building molecules and its nuances when the topic is introduced to beginners via the PhET simulation.
Link of the simulation
Link of the recording
- What is the minimum number of atoms required to make a molecule?
- Is it possible to have molecules with atoms of just 1 element?
- What are the minimum conditions to build a molecule of a compound?
- What is the difference between coefficients and subscripts in molecular formula?
- Can multiple molecules be built using the same molecular formula?
Note: The simulation focuses only on non metal elements.
Share your thoughts, questions and comments regarding the simulation.
We would like to hear about your experiences while exploring the simulation.
Kindly, let us know your suggestions and feedback so that we can collectively improvise the upcoming sessions.
Collaborators in video resource creation: Prof Savita Ladage, Deepak Arora, Hanza George, Mursaleen Shaikh, Ravi Sinha, Ashish Pardeshi, Indrani Das, Swarnava Mitra
PhET Interactive Simulations
University of Colorado Boulder