Can we collaborate to learn something new

We have so many person who are very knowledgeable in the field of computer and technicals, so like me I am very new in this field of computers. Like i know the basic stuff of how to do Google search but how to use it in scientific process like designing or something I don’t know specially coding and all so if anyone can help me in learning some basic stuff I will be obliged @jtd @GN @Ashish_Pardeshi @meena74

5 Likes

join the club! :grinning:

One of the ways to learn programming is to start working with Ardiuno. Play with the board, do the initial activities.

There are other ways of learning too. Let’s explore if this activity can initiate into programming and also into basic electronics.

1 Like

Actually electronics and computers are quite easy.
Computers are quite stupid too.
Consequently to write a program one has to learn it’s dialect which is very unforgiving of syntax.

There are also multiple levels of abstraction.
Electrical charecteristics
Schematic symbol
Both the above are represented in a schematic diagram or circuit diagram that shows one how all the components are interconnected.

Next come the Physical packaging, which is visually utterly different from the schematic symbol. The physical packages are laid on a substrate called a Printed Circuit Board - PCB - to interconnect the components. The PCB is visually utterly different from the schematic diagram.

Then comes digital logic wich consist of boolean algebra fitted into electronic devices called logic gates.
Multiple logic gates - 1000s of them - are combined to form more complex devices like RAM, CPU, Flash, microsd etc.
Several of these are combined together on a PCB to create gadgets.
Additionally the CPU is a programmable device. It’s primary capabilty is an instruction set built as a combination of logic gates. This logic reads a set of instructios that YOU the programmer generates and stores in it’s memory, and executes these instruction. In the process of exection it solves severl million boolean algebra equations to finally produce an output.
Output can be printed words, graphics, sounds, images, movement, signals unsensed by our senses like Radio Frequency or ultrasound.
It can also input - read words, graphics, sounds, images, movement, signals - and as per the instructions of your program produce output.
Output is produced by display devices or actuators or generators.
Inputs are by means of sensors that sense touch, press, magnetism or any of the hundreds of signals generated by ourselves or nature.

Devices like arduino abstract away the above cascade to produce a very simple experience of computing and electronics.

A great analogy would be a cotton shirt and the cotton seed from whence came the roots, stem, leaves , flower and finally cotton.

Electronics and computing is quite simple to understand compared to cotton seed - shirt.

Join up the tinkering projects for loads of fun that has immense potential to ease your work.

2 Likes

See I don’t know the basic even I am just in second year bsc i didn’t have any knowledge of it before so can you tell me where to start with so that i can learn and will be happy if i could be a part of tinkering lab so i want to learn from basic please guide me @jtd

It says i don’t have access to the topic an you please check

@bivasnag Can you see this link?

Yes but couldn’t understand it

1 Like

This is not published and under staff category @Ashish_Pardeshi

Ok. That is because the basic tasks, blinky and beep is not published.
You need to complete those.
I tagged Ashish.

1 Like

Your willingness to understand is wonderful. @Ashish_Pardeshi will start a new thread next week, that will help you and others like you (including me) to begin tinkering with electronics.

1 Like

Will publish it by Sunday evening.

1 Like

@bivasnag We have published Playing with Arduino for beginners in the basic category to learn and do hands on with Arduino. You can follow the list of basic projects on it, which will help you to get grip of Arduino.

Various links are given in projects to make your journey comfortable with step by step guidance to start with Arduino.

We will be adding more basic projects to it.

Happy Exploring and Making! :smiley:

3 Likes