Celebration of BIG BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE : Butterfly challenge taken by Cubists

Cube Home Garden Lab : Sonari: 95°E27°N Butterfly on Dalhia flower Video: susanta tanti Date 14th Feb 2024, 9.00 AM

Following photos are posted by Cubists in Context to curriculum WhatsApp group.

Today some class 6th kids were given task to find butterfly egg at school Garden. Cube Sapekhati, Assam. Photo: susantatanti Date:23/3/2024

6th 7th grade students found pupae on a pomegranate tree at School Garden, Sapekhati ,Assam photo: susantatanti :date:23 March

I found a Blue Bottle Butterfly in the college garden whose one wing was cut off and it was unable to fly. Date - 22/03/24 Data Collector - Bhagwati Sahu Chaitanya college pamgarh.

Cube Home Garden Lab : Sonari: 95°E27°N Butterfly on Dalhia flower Video: susanta tanti Date 14th Feb 2024, 9.00 AM.

The common birdwing, is a butterfly belonging to the family Papilionidae. It is often found in the wildlife trade due to its popularity with butterfly collectors. The butterfly has seventeen subspecies. Data:17/01/2024 Time:1.40 pm. Place: peruvemba, palakkad. Data collected by Sneha.p.j

In Black container new :butterfly:butterfly emerged + 3 new caterpillars spotted were grown bigger in size.
Date: 23/12/2023
Place:Mampilly, Thrissur, Kerala

Close up view of Psyche :butterfly:. Back side of wings visible with green sripes on white background.
Margin of Wings with hairs.
Green coloured eyes with black spots.
Antenna with black and white stripes. Tip of antene looks wider with hairs.
Does my description matching to the photo @⁨Shraddha⁩ @⁨shalini CUBE⁩ @⁨Arunan sir :smiling_face:⁩ @⁨Chithra Ma’am⁩ @⁨Himanshu Joshi⁩ @⁨Theertha⁩ @⁨Kiran Ma’am⁩ @⁨Batul Ma’am⁩ and others

New Psyche :butterfly:butterfly emerged from pupae in white container. Also one more :bug:caterpillar is spotted
Date:21/12/2023

In Black container Psyche Butterfly is emerged.
I saw this butterfly during night time.
Date: 19/12/2023

Following updates are from CUBE Sapekhati.

Mayuri Gogoi : Cube Sapekhati: Pupa found on Chinese brasika ( lai patta) .date:21 Feb 2024.

After 7 days she found a butterfly emerged on 28 feb 2024.

The Caterpillars found on 3rd May 2024 turns into chrysalis today. Location Sapekhati HS School. Date 4th May2024

Four butterflies emerged from the pupae collected from pomegranate tree.

The butterfly :butterfly:emerged has been identified as red spot zejebel ( Delias descombesi) as it has a red spot on the dorsal part of the wings. With the help of google search​:innocent:.

“Food plants
The larval plants are various species of parasitic mistletoes such as Loranthus, small shrubs that grow on the branches of trees.[7] This butterfly’s ability to form dense aggregations as caterpillars and to feed on Loranthus has led to suggestions that they could be used for control of these mistletoes.[8] The larva has been recorded on Butea monosperma, Dendrophthoe falcata, Dendrophthoe glabrescens, Loranthus, Loranthus cordifolius, Helicanthes elasticus, Loranthus longiflorus, Scurrula parasitica, Taxillus vestitus, Abelmoschus moschatus, Pterospermum acerifolium and Viscum album.”
Common Jezebel (Delias eucharis) · iNaturalist

spotted on 27.05.24 around 13.00hrs at Manipur by Dr Nagarjun

Common mormon butterfly time - 7:20. Location chaitanya clg pamgarh. Photo:Anisha

Date:12.5.24.
Time:3:36pm.
Place:palakkad.
Common mormon butterfly caterpillar on lemon plant.
Amritha.k sn college alathur.

Butterfly Challenge 5 Years ago From CUBE Archives Photo mcarunan

Red Pierrot Butterfly… found on Bryophyllum species plant… at Siliguri, West Bengal on 11.04.24 captured by Dr Nagarjun… fascinated to see those different patterns in single butterfly

Butterfly culture set up 2 - Caterpillar at 9:30 am on 28.3.24 in Swaroop Nagar, Kanpur by Isha Chandna CUBE Kanpur

Butterfly caterpillar spotted on curry plant in home garden at 5:10 pm on 19.3.24 in Swaroop Nagar, Kanpur by Isha Chandna CUBE Kanpur

I found a Blue Bottle Butterfly in the college garden whose one wing was cut off and it was unable to fly. Date - 22/03/24 Data Collector - Bhagwati Sahu Chaitanya college pamgarh.

Photo shared by Jawaid.

Shared by Suma

Video shared by kashyap, Sapekhati,Assam.

![IMG-20240702-WA0026|690x431]
(upload://6LNlSdH88uiQNvjH4YMFdqt1UkK.jpeg)

Identify this butterfly
May be Asian Zebra Blue
Spotted at foothills along sanaikot ridge of Manipur over ?Indigofera species plant on 24.06.2024 by Dr Nagarjun

butterfly located in Kondapur time : 10 am photo by dev

Butterfly enjoying the feed at 2.02 pm B. Desai Road 16 June 2023 Photo mcarunan

I am Kamal Surya, a science enthusiast, just out of my +2 class. I caught these flies on my mobile phone camera today morning. They remained in the same position for 17 minutes and then went in search of food in nearby flowers

Data collected by Prithviraj sir from Thiruvananthapuram

Data collected by:

Data collected by Nidhi
Date-18/05/24
Time-7:00am

Leptosia nina, is a small butterfly of the family Pieridae and is found in Indian subcontinent, southeast Asia and Australia.
Photo by Kamal Surya

Photo : Bhagwati ,Pamgarh

Video :Babita ,Kerala