This week we discussed the concept of concentration via PhET simulation. We mainly explored the concept of molarity and the factors affecting it.
Link of the simulation: https://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/concentration
Link of the recording: Click here
- What is the effect of amount of solute and volume on concentration value? How are they related?
- How colour of solution and concentration are related?
- What is the effect of adding or removing solvent/removing solution from beaker on concentration of a solution?
- What will happen on adding excess of solute to a fixed quantity of solvent? What does saturation mean? Why particles settle at the bottom after it is saturated?
- How concentrated a solution can get before it hits saturation?
- On what factors does solubility of different solutes depend?
- What happens when we evaporate the solution completely?
Share your thoughts, questions and comments regarding the simulation.
We would like to hear about your experiences while exploring the simulation.
Kindly, let us know your suggestions and feedback so that we can collectively improvise the upcoming sessions.
Collaborators in video resource creation: Deepak Arora, Hanza George, Mursaleen Shaikh, Ravi Sinha, Swarnava Mitra, Jude Terrence Dsouza
PhET Interactive Simulations
University of Colorado Boulder