Does this look like the caterpillar of a Common Mormon butterfly? I found it on the lemon plant

Day before yesterday we had the discussion on Common Mormon Butterfly, A butterfly which mimics the Common rose butterfly in order to escape from predators. After the discussion I went to the places to look for curry leaf plants as this Common Mormon Butterfly lays egg on Curry leaf plant (Specific) and while looking for curry leaf plant, I found the lemon plant so I started looking for some caterpillars and also some eaten leaves and LOOK! Here is what I found:

eaten leaves AND THE CATERPILLAR!!!.. :grinning:

and I have got such 4 CATERPILLARS, So what do you think?. Since it is on lemon plant and not on the curry leaf plant, could this be a caterpillar of COMMON MORMON BUTTERFLY?..

This is the another caterpillar that I noticed on the same LEMON PLANT.

3rd Caterpillar on the same LEMON PLANT…

Apology for the bad focus picture but this is the 4th Caterpillar on the same LEMON PLANT…

THIS IS THE SMALL LEMON PLANT ON WHICH I FOUND 4 CATERPILLARS. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?.. @Theertha @Shraddha276 @Shivamkumar_Sriwas @Zahra_R17 AND OTHERS…

Here’s the video of the caterpillar feeding on leaves of the lemon plant.

DATE OF THE VIDEO: 18TH APRIL 2023, TIME: 18.00, PLACE: MORADABAD UP. DATA COLLECTOR: KIRAN Y.

VIDEO OF THE SAME CATERPILLAR FORM ANOTHER ANGLE.

DATE OF THE VIDEO: 18TH APRIL 2023, TIME: 18.00, PLACE: MORADABAD UP. DATA COLLECTOR: KIRAN Y.

3 Likes

Brilliant video recording. We need more such video recordings of different model systems.

1 Like