How air exerts pressure works

Yesterday I thought to do an experiment from class 7th Science Book. So, I remember to do an experiment on how air exerts pressure.

[color=#][size=4]Procedure[/size][/color]

1.Take one Plastic bottle
2.Take hot water
3.Pour the hot water in Bottle
4.Wait for few sec & remove the water from the bottle
5.Close the lid of the bottle tightly
6.Now put some Cold / Tap water on bottle

Here is the link for video :- 20210916-1_540p(1).mp4 - Google Drive

What will Happen and why
The bottle will shrink, but the question arises why the bottle shrinks.
Because, when we put hot water inside the bottle, air is occupied with some amount of water vapours and when suddenly cold water is poured on the bottle, water vapours converts into water droplets by the process of condensation. Now, what will happen, as water vapours are converted into water, amount of air and air pressure decreases compared to the amount and pressure of air outside the bottle. To maintain the pressure and amount of air in bottle, it shrinks.

Thank You

If you have any doubt Regarding this topic, please reply

4 Likes

YESTERDAY I WAS CHALLENGED TO DO AN EXPERIMENT BASED ON HOW AIR EXERTS PRESSURE.
FOR THAT WE NEED FEW THINGS -:

1. ONE PLASTIC BOTTLE OR CAN
    2.HOT WATER
    STEP OF DOING EXPERIMENT -:
    1 POUR THE HOT WATER IN BOTTLE
    2.EXET THE HOT WATER OUT
  2. THEN CLOSE THE LID OF THE WATER BOTTLE TGIHTLY
  3. KEEP THE BOTTLE IN RUNING TAP WATER
    RESULT -:
    THE BOTTLE WILL SHRINK BECAUSE WHEN WE PUT HOT WATER AND EXET THE HOT WATER OUT . SO THE WATER VAPOUR WHICH REMAIN IN BOTTLE AFTER CLOSING THE LID. WHEN WE KEEP THE BOTTLE IN RUNING TAP WATER. THE WATER VAPOUR GET CONDENSE INTO WATER. SO THE AIR AROUND THE THE BOTTLE EXERT PRESSURE ON IT THE BOTTLE SHRINK.
    BECAUSE THERE IS NO MEDIAM NOW INSIDE THE BOTTLE TO EXERT PRESSURE TOWARD OUTSIDE. SO THE AIR FROM OUTSIDE EXERT PRESSURE ON IT. SO THE BOTTLE SHRINK. THE LINK OF EXPERIMENT VIDEO :point_down:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aNdocHbovCBqk826J5Oy-mkQy8NoXUh2/view?usp=drivesdk
4 Likes

@SINGHATAMBIR please give access to the drive file in the link.