How-do-birds-sit-on-high-voltage-power-lines-without-getting-electrocuted

how-do-birds-sit-on-high-voltage-power-lines-without-getting-electrocuted

Any guess?

5 Likes

According to me The foot or legs of the birds don’t have the flow of blood so it act like an insulator for electricity :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Plz correct me if i m wrong @jaikishan

1 Like

why the foot or legs of birds dont have flow of blood according to you?
do their cells dont require energy?

What can act like an insulator in birds? @Bunny

The cells present at the base of the foot are the dead cells like we humans have dead cells in the form of nails and hairs
And humans don’t get shocks if nail is connected to any electric supply :innocent: this is how i m comparing it :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
@jaikishan

2 Likes

Nail is just a protein it is surely affected by electricity according to me.

do you have any reference to the claims?

1 Like

I will look for that @jaikishan

2 Likes

Excellent Observation!
A great Inroduction to Electricity this should be!

1 Like

Look for what?
What is your immediate feeling about this statement of a school cubist?!! @Bunny
@jaikishan kindly give the context!

@jaikishan please give the context of this . I thought a school.cubist had this out of curiosity, in CUBE Sir Sayed School WhatsApp group I guess.
@jaikishan please elaborate.
I feel this curiosity will kickstart a program on Electricity!

2 Likes

@Bunny
The current observation is by a school cubist of Sir Sayyed school out of curiosity, this would be a great context to enter into field of electricity.

Please clarify what do you mean by insulation?
why does electricity not flow across insulator?

What do we mean by the ‘flow of electricity’ ? @Bunny @jaikishan…and others…

@jaikishan please quote the exact statement of the School Cubist with her/ his name and date and from which CUBE group?

1 Like

Does flow of electricity require voltage difference?

1 Like

Ameena from Sir Sayyed School says,

Have a question
That when we touch wire you get current but why don’t other animals like monkey. Monkeys go from one place to another on a wire but why don’t they get current?:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Actually in this scenario, the bird sit on only single wire they doesn’t get any ground or earthing .Hence, the circuit doesn’t complete.
But in this case the Bats are quiet unlucky. Because the hang upside down. Which increases the change of getting touch to another wire at a same time so the get shock. I have seen this in my native place

Humans usually get shock because they are always grounded which complete the circuit. In case of monkey they also die by getting shock when they touch the pole or the building with the live wire in another hand simultaneously.

Why ‘earth’ is required for ‘circuit to be completed’? @Mandar
Can you explain it, please?

1 Like

What has ground to do to complete the circuit? @Mandar

According to you what exactly happens to monkeys while getting electrocuted by mistake?
What is the mistake?

The nature of electricity is to always find the lower potential that is our earth to complete the circuit. In the Thunder storm the lightning always find there way to ground. Electricity is voltage, which is higher potential.