How to build a drone?

Viraj wants to build a drone. This thread is to plan and do things further.

4 Likes

What all things do we need to build a drone?

1 Like

Hi sir I am virajsalunke

2 Likes

Hi @CuriousVidhi,

Today, @shitalsalunke2503 (Viraj), @Ashish_Pardeshi and I discussed a brief intro about this.
We started making a list of things, but are yet to completely identify all the needed things and the specifications. @shitalsalunke2503 showed us his motors and attached a fan to it (We are looking forward to his motor and fan put together!).

Please join us in the afternoon at 3:30 (Mon-Fri) at https://webinar.hbcse.tifr.res.in/b/rs7-7hj-une to talk more.

-DP

3 Likes

Are we making a RC drone?

Firstly we should make a list of things that are needed to build a drone. And also, I want to know the uses of the things on the list as I am new to this :sweat_smile:

Which material will be used for the frame? Which battery will you use?

2 Likes

@CuriousVidhi this is a great question for planning the design part.

I think here we should link the weight as one of the important parameter to decide the material for frame and also need to equally account the strength as per application.

Also batteries should weigh less but capable of delivering more power for longer run.

For frame material how about Carbon Fiber?
And for Batteries how about Lithium Polymer Batteries?

3 Likes

Hi sir I am viraj.sir can I get your phone number and whatsapp number please my whatsapp app number is ************

@shitalsalunke2503 welcome to StemGames!

Please do not mention your phone number and any private information anywhere on public platforms.

As a Safety and Privacy issue i request you to delete your phone number from your above post.

And please ask whatever questions you have on this thread. You can also start a new post as per your project interest, our mentors team and other students, teachers and community member on this platform will help you.

4 Likes

Sir i am not in yesterday meeting