How to learn philosophy

@GN @karnamdpdurga

1).Which types of book philosophers like to study
2).What is the best way to learn, if I want to learn philosophy

3 Likes

@Surjamit, do you have any suggestions? Have you read any!?

and
@Farhan, a better question is perhaps - how to learn to do philosophy?

3 Likes

@Farhan what do you want in philosophy I know some books.
But please define philosophy you want spiritual books or other philosophy

1 Like

Philosophy is a practice. It is a way of developing some habits of thought, which develops conceptual clarity, helps us be critical, understand the assumptions behind the views expressed by others as well as our own views.

Best way is to listen to some dialogues or read some dialogues. Plato’s dialogues are most famous. You may also like to start from the dialogues written by Galileo. Both of them are available on https://archive.org.

Others please add more. Please also suggest some movies that make you think.

Best is to start discussing. To begin with, can we watch this video, a short film, and discuss.

4 Likes

The Ultimate Supreme Philosophy

As you @GN said philosophy is the never ending process. We have to practice it and we have to include it in our life as a ritual. I am writing blog on philosophy and also I will add one new topic in chatshala as a philosophy so you @Farhan will get better idea. For a basic start to philosophy learn about consciousness and also learn about relation between body and universe.
Check out some blog’s for basic understanding at BINARY SPIRITS

https://www.binaryspirits.space/?m=1

you will get some basic idea. For detail philosophy I will post one blog today on BINARY SPIRITS.

1 Like

I started with categorical logic of Aristotle. I think it’s good to start with logic. @Farhan

2 Likes

I have posted new topic regarding supreme philosophy you all can check for basic understanding @Farhan @Surjamit

1 Like

@palaneprashant I want to practice philosophy so, which type of books is beneficial for me.
No, I am not much interested in spiritual books

3 Likes

Please read swami vivekananda books.

1 Like

Their are several books for different categories. So please tell me in detail about your first priority.

Now for speaking and social connect I am reading how to win friends and influence people.This book is not like other books. In starting before chapters author has mentioned 9 techniques to implement the content of book. You can pratically use this book for good communication and for influcing other. But you have to read this book everyday for life long. @Farhan This book I will suggest because I am reading now. And always try to read hard copy means original copy. In past I have read many pdf books, but the satisfaction of purchasing and reading that book is very special. You will always rember and realise the value of your spending and infinite knowledge from the book.
So, first read this book as abase @Farhan.
This is my first purchased book photo
Google Photos

1 Like

How to win and influence people @Farhan

1 Like

Some Swami Vivekananda books are based on philosophy

1 Like