How to make projector at home

Hi, to all before the lockdown, I have decided to buy an projector but I was unable.
Then I had an Idea to make it in home, I work out for this atleast 2 days and finally finished it. So let see how to make it.

READ THIS CAREFULLY :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:.

THIS PROJECTOR IS HOMEMADE, SO IT HAS SOME PROBLEM’S, IT WILL BE WORKABLE ONLY IN NIGHT, IT’S BRIGHT’S DEPENDS ON THE BRIGHT’S OF THE MOBILE.:point_left::point_left::point_left::point_left::point_left:

So let’s began.

S1> We need ,1 box , 1 chart, gum, 1 meginfing glass.

S2> Now from inside cover the box with chart.
(If you have black chart you can use that).

S3> Now paint the box with black colour from inside.:point_down::point_down::point_down:

S4> Now cut the box from front as the diameter of lens.(Yo can see the image).:point_down:

Keep the image up side down.

S5> now fix the lens to the hole.

S6> Now take your mobile and start the video and keep it inside the box, see the image.:point_down:
Please insure that the brightness is full.

Thank you hope you like my projector,
Please read the above instructions.

10 Likes

Light intensity of cell phones is very low hence the projected image will be barely visible. Shoe box projectors using sunlight via mirrors work because sunlight is much more intense and film transmittance is excellent.

5 Likes

Well that’s some great effort @vanshsskp123
However, it would be great if you could post a picture or two of the projected image on the screen or on a wall.

At the same time I would like to know:

1. Why have you paced the mobile upside down?
  2. Will it make a difference to the projected image if you moved your mobile backward and forward in the box?
  3. Will the image be focused at all distances from the wall/screen or will it only be focused at a particular distance?

Now, use that projector and try to find answers to these questions practically.

7 Likes

Q1. answer It is an convex lens(meginfing glass),in convex lens image is formed up side down, So to make it appear it correct we has to put the phone upside down

5 Likes

Q2. Answer, Yes the size of image formed will be changed

6 Likes

Q3, Answer yes it will be focused but the object, lens, screen should be in same line

5 Likes

Thanks for suggestion

5 Likes

Once in our class our teacher moved the projector back to make the image bigger. But, it also made the image unclear. Then she rotated the lens to make the image clear.

I think if we bring it forward or back it would be out of focus and only focus at one point.

6 Likes

Well @vanshsskp123 lets not make guesses.

You have all that is required to find out!

Please try this:

1. Place the projector where the focus is absolutely right.
  2. Now move the projector 6 inches back from the original position and observe the the image formed on the screen/wall.
  3. Now move it 6 inches forward from the original position and observe the image formed on the screen/wall.

Then answer these questions:

1. Is there any change in the size of the image?
  2. Is there any change in the focus of the image formed?

To prove your findings, take pictures of the image formed in each step by keeping the camera at the same place every time you take the picture. Share the pictures. Lets see what the results are!!

6 Likes

In the mean time you can also explore this PhET simulation:

https://phet.colorado.edu/sims/geometric-optics/geometric-optics_en.html

5 Likes