Hydrogen Drumming machine - Simple and easy beat making

If music be the food of love, play on; (DUKE ORSINO, Twelfth Night)

One of the easiest ways to create music and make a beat is to use the Hydrogen Drumming Machine (available for various OS like Windows, Linux; comes integrated into UbuntuStudio). You can find it here : http://hydrogen-music.org/

The challenge is to create a simple beat using the software. You can install the software from the link given above and start exploring.

It is not a difficult software to use, things are pretty straightforward and if you have an experience in creating beats or music in other DAWs, it will be a cakewalk.

The Interface:

Blank sheet to create beats:

Other useful buttons:

Here is a simple beat that I created:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-H7aN-9USIgmdoGsvhsWavo2seA7FyEx/view?usp=sharing

Audio Output

This is not a tutorial. You can find scores of tutorials to use Hydrogen.

The aim of the post is to challenge you to learn it on your own and create a simple beat. Hwere’s what you need to do:

1. Download and install the software.
  2. Learn to use it. Its very simple.
  3. Make a beat.
  4. Post your beat in the reply.

@Abhinav7996 @Pritika @NAVTEJ7939 @SINGHATAMBIR @Lydia @ravi312 @Cadet7961 @HariSharanKalia

Lets create a beat!!!

13 Likes

I have tried. This is not that good but it’s something.

7 Likes

Sounds very pleasing to me.

4 Likes

@HariSharanKalia well thats something really impressive!

To be objective, the sound part is really good but the Mathematics part needs some tuning.

Answer this - What is the purpose of a beat in a song?

Beat basically provides a timeline. The drummer is the time keeper of the band. Without a drummer (or a percussionist) the pleasing sounds of a melody may turn to cacophony.

This software, or any other beat making software for that matter, helps us visualise the beat. This means that even if you are not a trained musician, you can still produce a beat if you have a beat in your mind.

ICT helps us in many ways. It is one one of the ways to help a musician of a layman like you and me to express what is in our mind. This is one of the purposes of ICT in education. Moreover, its always advisable to use Free and Open Source Software for education, which Hydrogen incidentally is.

Lets improve your beat. Kindly post screenshots of the patterns that you made and we will try to correct it so that it sounds better. Keep it up.

5 Likes

I have made this beat. It has 4 different patterns.

8 Likes

Hello, Little Einsteins!
I have created this awesome beat…

Hope you enjoyed :wink::smiling_face: it!!!

8 Likes

@Siddharth7950 Please allow access to the file.
Try exporting the project as an ogg vorbis file which is a fully open, non-proprietary, patent-and-royalty-free, general-purpose compressed audio format for mid to high quality.

Its easier to upload .ogg file in the chat than to create a drive link. I hope other budding musician will also do the same.

3 Likes

Hmmmm…that’s really impressive!!

2 Likes

Nice!! That’s great!

1 Like

Good morning, all little Einstiens and sir
i have made this beat

8 Likes

There is no need of screenshots. Anyone can edit my beat by opening this file by hydrogen:-

Download the file and do open with hydrogen. Then you can edit my beat.

2 Likes

Beat balances a song. it gives a background to the song. Only voice will be heavy or low when hearing. And a beat balances it by giving it a background.

3 Likes

Here’s my Beat

Hope you like it :blush: :blush:

8 Likes

I tried. It was mine first time. I created with hydrogen and then remixed using Audacity.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/117Zv1vF2fPIoAVEeM0GwxUEDwiwzWzPH/view?usp=sharing

6 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I have created a Beat and it’s my first try that I am creating a beat.
And if you like it so please like my post…
Here it is ---------------> :point_down:t2:

Thank you

8 Likes

It’s time to up the ante. Let’s make a beat that have four different patterns. Waiting for your creative ideas in the form of beats.
Keep the beat size at 4/4 and make the Resolution at least 1/16.

Take this beat as a sample. Lets Do it!

7 Likes

I made this beat with 4 different patterns.

Thank You

5 Likes

I have tried making this short Beat which have 4 different patterns!!
Here’s my Beat :point_down:t2: :point_down:t2:

Thank You!!

4 Likes

Hello Again,
Today I created one more Beat with 4 different patterns
Here’s it :point_down:t2: :point_down:t2:

Hope u like!

4 Likes