Building Wind Wane
Wind Speed and Wind Directions are two important properties of Wind, thus it is important to know both. Wind Direction tell us where the wind is blowing from and is measured in degrees, with true north being the reference point of 0 degree.
The device which gives wind direction is known as Wind Vane.
The challenge is to build an electronic Wind Vane which will tells you the direction of wind blowing from and update it on IoT Server.
Explore more about Wind Vane below
Challenge 1: To Build Wind Vane and Measure Wind Direction.
The picture shown below is one type of wind vane.
Complete the following challenge to build Wind Vane
- Build a rotating mechanism to point wind direction.
- Connect a sensor to rotating mechanism in order to get electrical signal output whenever wind makes it rotate.
- Connect the sensor to Arduino
- Write a program to measure the electrical signal, map it to wind direction and display it on arduino serial monitor.
- How do you correlate your acctual wind direction.
Challenge 2: Send Wind vane data to IoT Server.
The pictures shown below displays the readings of Wind Vane through Widgets on the dashboard created in iot.metastudio.org
- At first use your account credential to log on iot.metastudio.org .
- On Dashboard use graphs and other widgets to display this data.
Report your work done and achievements through pictures, messages and videos.
While you are making whatever questions you have, whenever you need help, do not hesitate to ask by replying to this topic.
This project depending on your experience may take from 3 days to 2 weeks.