Live Reporting of CUBE STEM Conference, 2019

Highlights of Moina group presenting epigenetic mechanisms of haemoglobin gene expression during CUBE STEM Conference, 2019

6 Likes

Cardamine Group

4 Likes

2 Likes

Here comes our 3rd presentation by Phyllanthus group

2 Likes

phyllanthus group explaining their project

2 Likes

Descrption of the picture? What presentation?

1 Like

cardamine group explaing their project

Students explaining Sleep -Wake cycle in phyllanthus

2 Likes

The group highlighted the species variation in Phyllanthus and sleep wake cycle in Phyllanthus amarus. The group members showcased observations from different geographical locations across country I.e. Kolkata, Mumbai and Delhi. The Delhi group also mentioned about effect of environmental factors (i.e. light duration) on leaf movements in Phyllanthus fraternus and amarus species

1 Like

The Moina group explained the epigenetic regulation of hemoglobin expression under normal and hypoxic condition. They hypothesize the histone post translational modification I.e. acetylation to be involved in active transcription of hemoglobin gene in Moina under hypoxic conditions. They also mentioned that Moina reproduce by sexual reproduction under hypoxic conditions which might bring variations in progenies leading to selection/ evolution.

1 Like

Cardamine group elaborated the floral dip method for transformation in cardamine hirsuta plant. They are looking for Cardamine hirsuta as a substitute of Arabdidopsis thailand, the famous plant model organism.

2 Likes

Zebra :tropical_fish: fish movie. on regeneration of tail of Zebra fish on 2019-08-18

4 Likes

Red Zebrafish! Which strain is it? Where have you collected it from?

1 Like