Workshop on tinkering with paper circuits with 30 Grade 5th students of Ascend International School, Mumbai
Session 1 | 19 Feb 2020
- The session kickstarted with short introduction and a small demo of the line follower/light/obstacle avoiding (all in one) chotu bot.
- Children did simple experiment to understand static electricity by lifting paper pieces by charging a plastic ruler
- They explored about electroscope online and then made one simple model
- They were given battery, bare copper wire and leds to make led art.
Session 2 | 26 Feb 2020
- Participants with a combination of bare copper wire and copper tape to make LED art.
- Here are some of the artifacts made at the end of the session
Session 3 | 4 March 2020
- Participants were introduced to a new passive component - resistor using which they were now able to light the LEDs even with a 9V cell.
- In this session, the participants learnt to measure the voltage of a cell
- They also figured out a way to make two LEDs of different threshold voltages to light up at the same time. Unpacking this observation! Can you explain this ? Tinkering with LEDs and coin cell - STEM Chat - COOOL STEM Games