The goal of these tinkering engagement are as follows:
- To read temperature and humidity from the sensors.
- To Publish readings on IoT server to visualize these data in the form of graphs.
- To make device weather protected.
- To power device using battery and solar panel.
- To deploy device outside the house/office/school/etc.
It will be real fun to have one such device deployed at our home. So lets get into it.
So i have started with the making of weather proof shield for the device, the shield must be designed in order to protect the sensor and other electronics from direct sunlight and rain but should not block the air to pass through it to get real readings.
I have followed the shield design of Stevenson Screen and want to make some thing like that with form factor which can easily accommodate my device inside it.
I bought six round plates from market, as i do not find out plastic plates so i have only option left for the melamine plates.
Plates dimension details are as follows:
- Diameter: 15 cm
- Depth: 2 cm
To stack these plates on each other i also bought 4 bolts and around 65 nuts.
Bolts and Nuts dimensions are as follows:
Bolt diameter: 5 mm
Bolt Length: 6 inches
Nut diameter: 11 mm
Nut Thickness: 5 mm
Here is snap of these items.