Moina Macrocopa jsk1 with Algae

Video Moina Macrocopa jsk1 with Algae
Wow! :smiley: Moina Macrocopa jsk1 strain flourishing with no feed

. Just some algae and sunlight! Made this culture on 20th Feb with ~20-25 Moina and didn’t feed with milk or anything! Today i can see some 100 moina

approximately! In this video we can see how they are getting attracted towards mobile torch light!. CUBE HOMELAB ULWE NAVI-MUMBAI. 8th March 2022

1 Like

Container In which Moina was being cultured (PLEASE CLICK ON BLUE LINE TO WATCH TO VIDEO)

2 Likes

Diverse life forms in Artificial pond like culture for Moina macrocopa jsk1(Click on blue sentence to see the video)
Microorganisms, ‘Probably’ Protozoans, Algae, Arthropods (Crustacean, Insects). What else can you observe in this Artificial pond like culture? which was initially made for Moina macrocopa jsk1 but now is flooded with diverse life forms!!!. CUBE HOMELAB ULWE NAVI-MUMBAI, 7th August 2022. Abhijeet Singh.

4 Likes

Rotifers in Moina macrocopa Culture Artificial pond like culture (Click on the blue sentence to see the video)

Rotifer found in artificial pond like culture for Moina macrocopa!!!
Today i took some sample from that culture and checked it under microscope. 5x eyepiece 10x objective lens. Cube K.J.Somaiya College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai. 8th Aug 2022. Abhijeet Singh

2 Likes

Moina in Self sustainable culture. (Click on blue line to watch the video)
3 months with no care and attention but Moina demands for none!! Culture made around Feb 2022 since then the attempt to make self sustainable culture of Moina went through several ups and downs. But achieved developing and maintaining one by late July 2022. (From ‘self sustainable’ I mean the culture which can support itself without any external care) Usually we use milk to culture moina but here it’s a pond like system when all types of organisms grow and Moina can sustain itself. CUBE Homelab, Ulwe, Navi-Mumbai. 18th Oct 2022. Abhijeet Singh.

As of yet I didn’t made an attempt to replicate it. But will try to do so as I get time.

-I’ll take another container like icecream tub.

-Add soil at the bottom.

-Add DC(Dechlorinated) water approx 500-700ml(less than the volume of container)

-Add some algae as seed from current culture and 5-10 moina.

This would be mine current plan.

18th Oct 2022, Abhijeet Singh

1 Like

Very nice.
Lets share the design to have self-sustainable cultures of moina at all Home/College Labs…

1 Like