This project is for driving multiple Haptic Disc Mili Motors. The motors are mounted on a felexibile base or fabric and strapped to ones body. The motors are driven through inputs from some data source. Various cognitive and perception experiments can be performed.
Kicad files: Sorry. Discobot prevents uploading a zip file.
The board has a PCA9685 I2C 16 channel PWM driver, 2 ULN2803 driver ics, a 5v regulator and 16 2 pin connectors.
I2C channel is controlled by the pc using a CH341 module.
I had to build a module for the CH341 to get the I2C working using this code: https://github.com/gschorcht/i2c-ch341-usb
@jtd I am very eager to follow the progress of this project. Specifically, I want to reproduce more or less what you are trying to accomplish. The only difference in my goal is to provide a mechanism for input and feedback. And, I am eagerly thinking of using an Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense.
What kind of input? is it to trigger a pattern to start from the haptic wearer? Or an input from some other person / process, or both.
Same question about feedback.
All components are at HBCSE. However I Added smd tantalum and ceramic capacitors, which I had in my stock.
Remaining assembly work will happen at HBCSE, hopfully in a day or two.