S2E25 Cube Chatshaala: Exploring new ways of Learning

Learning STEM through Investigation
An invitation to construct new IDEAS/Research questions.

MEETING URL:

webinar.hbcse.tifr.res.in

BigBlueButton

A front-end for HBCSE web conferencing server. You can create your own rooms to host sessions, or join others using a short and convenient link.

Please click on the Bigbluebutton above to join the CUBE Chatshaala

Timing:5.30 pm to 9.30 pm
Webinar will be recorded and recording link will be post in the same thread after the webinar.

Looking forward to your participation.
Thanks

1 Like

Can we study learning and memory using snails? How do we recognise the smell of banana or Gulab Jamun or any other food is it a memory? Can we study memory through the sense of smell?

Why did I read can you choose sea slug How is memory formed? and how is memory retained? What is associated memory?
If I learn to play guitar (my mother‘s favourite tone). And if for some reason I did not continue to play guitar for say 4 to 5 years even after five years I get guitar I might not remember the actual lesson taught by the tutor I could remember some of the lessons at least in bits and pieces specially the tone that was associated with my mother.

Why did Eric Kandel Choose sea slug Because it has less number of neurons​:flushed::flushed: How many neurons do human have? How many neurons does a sea slug have Do we understand billions??

1 Like

The size of the neurons is bigger in sea slug as compare to human Human neuron (cell body)diameter- 100 micrometer Sea slug neuron diameter- 1000micrometer that is 1 millimetre That is it is visible to the naked eye why did Eric kandel look for an organism having larger neuron?

1 Like

Can learning and memory be studied by a dog? Why did Eric Kandel went looking for sea slug and not dog? If we were to design an experiment to study learning and memory and dog!

2 Likes

CUBE Chatshaala on 18th October 2020

29 CUBists from 25 centres joined the webinar.

Breach Candy, South Mumbai: Arunan MC
Ghatkopar, Mumbai: Anjani Kashyap
Thane, Maharashtra: Anshu Kadam
Kozhikode, Kerala: Arunima
Thriprayar, Kerala: Aswathy Suresh
Kolkata, West Bengal: Batul P
Palakkad, Kerala: Dr. Binumol Sajikumar
Erode, Tamil Nadu: Dr. C Chitra
Nerul, Maharashtra: Drishtant
Adarsh Vidyalaya, Mumbai: Gautam Mourya
Narsing HS School, Silchar: Hasina
Kolenchery, Kerala: Joel Johnson