S2E25 Cube Chatshaala: Exploring new ways of Learning

Learning STEM through Investigation
An invitation to construct new IDEAS/Research questions.

MEETING URL:

webinar.hbcse.tifr.res.in

BigBlueButton

A front-end for HBCSE web conferencing server. You can create your own rooms to host sessions, or join others using a short and convenient link.

Please click on the Bigbluebutton above to join the CUBE Chatshaala

Timing:5.30 pm to 9.30 pm
Webinar will be recorded and recording link will be post in the same thread after the webinar.

Looking forward to your participation.
Thanks

1 Like

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-18 at 11.03.12 PM

Can we study learning and memory using snails? How do we recognise the smell of banana or Gulab Jamun or any other food is it a memory? Can we study memory through the sense of smell?

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-18 at 11.04.08 PM

Why did I read can you choose sea slug How is memory formed? and how is memory retained? What is associated memory?
If I learn to play guitar (my mother‘s favourite tone). And if for some reason I did not continue to play guitar for say 4 to 5 years even after five years I get guitar I might not remember the actual lesson taught by the tutor I could remember some of the lessons at least in bits and pieces specially the tone that was associated with my mother.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-18 at 11.06.01 PM

Why did Eric Kandel Choose sea slug Because it has less number of neurons​:flushed::flushed: How many neurons do human have? How many neurons does a sea slug have Do we understand billions??

1 Like

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-18 at 11.06.37 PM

The size of the neurons is bigger in sea slug as compare to human Human neuron (cell body)diameter- 100 micrometer Sea slug neuron diameter- 1000micrometer that is 1 millimetre That is it is visible to the naked eye why did Eric kandel look for an organism having larger neuron?

1 Like

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-18 at 11.07.23 PM

Can learning and memory be studied by a dog? Why did Eric Kandel went looking for sea slug and not dog? If we were to design an experiment to study learning and memory and dog!

2 Likes

CUBE Chatshaala on 18th October 2020

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?mid=13vjLcK_KENiAvQG3U-R-bJYRUVJIE0Z4&ll=20.091491794576257%2C78.12335842014608&z=4

29 CUBists from 25 centres joined the webinar.

Breach Candy, South Mumbai: Arunan MC
Ghatkopar, Mumbai: Anjani Kashyap
Thane, Maharashtra: Anshu Kadam
Kozhikode, Kerala: Arunima
Thriprayar, Kerala: Aswathy Suresh
Kolkata, West Bengal: Batul P
Palakkad, Kerala: Dr. Binumol Sajikumar
Erode, Tamil Nadu: Dr. C Chitra
Nerul, Maharashtra: Drishtant
Adarsh Vidyalaya, Mumbai: Gautam Mourya
Narsing HS School, Silchar: Hasina
Kolenchery, Kerala: Joel Johnson