SeasonWatch Spring Festival
Spring is the season of emerging flowers when some of our iconic native and avenue trees are on their bright and best display! SeasonWatch invites you to make observations on some colourful trees, starting mid-February and until the end of March.
WHEN: 15 February – 31 March 2020
WHERE: All across India
WHAT: You can take part in this festival by completing either or both of the challenges below. You can also take part in one of the tree walks.
- Spring Species Challenge: The goal of this challenge is to find and observe following six species during the festival:
1. Erythrina indica ( Indian coral )
2. Bombax ceiba (Red silk cotton)
3. Cassia fistula (Indian laburnum)
4. Mangifera indica (Mango)
5. Delonix regia (Gulmohur)
6. Samanea saman (Rain tree )
To take part in this challenge, you can observe the trees in two ways:
- ‘Casual’ observations on 20 or more different trees of one or more of the above species, AND/OR
- ‘Regular’ observations in 4 consecutive weeks on a registered tree of one or more of the above species
- All Species Challenge: The goal of this challenge is to observe at least 30 trees belonging to ANY SeasonWatch species (complete list here: SeasonWatch).
For both the challenges, two all-India winners (one school and one individual) will be picked using lucky-draw and they will get a special prize from SeasonWatch!
We will organize tree walks across the country on 21st and 22nd March. If you are interested in joining, please do check out our social media pages in the coming weeks for more details.
HOW: If you are new to SeasonWatch, please register on our website ( https://www.seasonwatch.in) and upload your observations using our website or SeasonWatch android app (available on Google Play). For more details, check out our events page (SeasonWatch /Events)
Contact us: For any queries, write to us on email@example.com