VigyanShaala Kalpana fellows/mentors Introduction

Name - Vatsal Arora
College/Present Institution - CCS Haryana Agricultural University,Hisar
Your Present Location (City/Town/Village/Country) - Karnal, Haryana
Areas of Interest - Plant Sciences, Plant Growth , Agriculture, General Science
Hobbies - Music, Novels, Thinking!
Any exciting stuff you read recently - Effects of COVID on future of agriculture

4 Likes

Name- Divyanshi Chauhan
College- Gargi College, University of Delhi
Present Location- Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Areas of Interest- Neuroscience, Genetics, Human behavior
Hobbies- Reading books, painting, listening to music

Looking forward to the next 2 months :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Name :Shamila nelofar
College :Government Gandhi memorial science college, Jammu
Present location :surankote, poonch
Hobbies :Reading, listening to podcast, doodling
Area of interest :Human Genetics, molecular biology,and clinical biochemistry.
Any exciting stuff you recently read:
-Use of gene therapy that treated a partially blind man.
-Stephen hawking theorem which says that black hole donā€™t shrinks over time has been proved by observing ripples created in space - time by the merger of two black holes.
-We had a visitor in our solar system in year 2014
Which was a comet and we can again see that comet in june 2031

• Medicinal plant of my area.
3 Likes

Hello All, Welcome on board! I am excited for the next two months of hands-on learning!

4 Likes

heya :wink:
Aashi this side from DRC ,DU
Currently in panipat ( HRY)
My areas of interest are chemical ecology , biomedical science , astrobiology , knowing abt herbs medicinal properties
My hobbies include reading random things on quora , writing articles and gaming :sweat_smile:
The last interesting thing i read was a research experminent on jellyfishes in space which was carried long time back but i was still awestruck reading it . Hereā€™s the link for the same .

4 Likes

Name: J GOPIKA
College: INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, BHOPAL
Present location: Kollam, Kerala.
Areas of interest: Quantum mechanics, Astronomy, and related topics
Hobbies: Drawing, embroidery works, watching movies, gardening.
STEM Activity: Read an article about ORBITING AND LANDING ON AN ASTEROID

3 Likes

Name - Shramana Guchhait
College - Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi
Present Location - Hooghly, West Bengal
Areas of Interest - Biotechnology, Genetics, Cell and Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology
Hobbies - Dancing, Singing, Rock-climbing, Music

Currently writing a Research paper on ā€œInaccessibility to Maternal Healthcare across Indiaā€

4 Likes

Name - Deeksha pandey
College - Maitreyi college, University of delhi
Present location - Chandausi , Uttar pradesh
Areas of intrests - Human Genetics , Biotechnology , Microbiology , Medical diagnosis , Immunology , pharmaceutical chemistry
Hobbies - Listening music , Dancing , Photography , watching sunsets .

Stem activity - Currently reading articles on Birds behavior of chirping more in the morning

Looking forward to the next 2 months :smiley:

3 Likes

Name: Kamakshi
College: Swami shraddhanand college, University of Delhi
Current location: Delhi
Area of interest: genetics and Epigenetics
Hobbies: dancing, singing, cycling, and reading

I wish to work in some projects related to genetics and Epigenetic modifications.
Today i was reading a research on this platform about drosophila melanogaster. I found it interesting cause it was regarding the pattern how drosophila colonize.

2 Likes

Hi all!

My name is Adrija Saha and I am currently a first-year BSc student of Fergusson College, Pune.
I am located in Kolkata at the moment, which is also where Iā€™m from.
I am interested in Statistics and I love to learn how the subject is applied to real-world problems. Apart from college coursework, I like learning about climate change and concepts of astrophysics, among other things.
I enjoy painting, involving myself in climate activism and listening to an unhealthy amount of music! :laughing:
I have a new-found interest in watching videos by TED-Ed, of which an interesting one I watched recently was called - Why Do Blood Types Matter? (I am a total newbie when it comes to Biology, so it provided great insight into blood types and how they work)

Truly excited to be here and looking forward to connecting with many science enthusiasts!

7 Likes

Name- Blessin Sajeev
College- St. Georgeā€™s College, Aruvithura
Location- Kozhikode(Kerala)
Areas of interest - Physics
Hobbies- Reading

4 Likes

Name - Aparna.R.Sharma
College - Fergusson College, Pune
Present location - Gondia, Maharashtra
Areas of interest - Probability theory, Atmospheric sciences, Cosmic magnetism, Analysis
Hobbies - Sketching, Learning new languages
Currently, I am exploring ā€œConstructor theoryā€.

3 Likes

Name- Misthi
Institute- Indian Institue of Science Education and Research, Bhopal
Location- Rohtak, haryana
Areas of interest- Organic synthesis, Material Science, Green Chemistry
Hobbies- Yoga, Badminton

Iā€™m currently reading on
1)CO2 conversion to much user form such as methanol.
2)Organocatalysis with metal catalysis instead of only one catalysis.

2 Likes

I am Sreelakshmi JS, studying Civil engineering ( third year) in TKM College of Engineering , Kollam.
I am currently located in Trivandrum, Kerala
Recently I cultivated an interest in GIS technology from a QGIS internship I am enrolled in. Academically, I am interested in structural engineering, Revit Architecture , AutoCAD etc.
Apart from all this, I am learning coding at a snailā€™s pace.
I enjoy long walks, trying new dishes, reading fiction and sketching.
I am all ears to new ideas and thoughts. Excited to connect with and learn from all of you !

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
Muskan Sharma here.
I am currently a last year student of Bsc.honours in physics from Govt. Gandhi memorial Science college,Jammu and Kashmir.
I presently live in Jammu district of J&K

My areas of interests are Physics, English etymology ,computer etc etc as i keep developing new interests :slight_smile:

Recently developed interest in planetary sciences and cosmic studies also wrote a fiction on the discovery of life on mars as my communication assignmentšŸ˜…ā€¦ really enjoyed doing it

Read an article about crystal formed only of electrons

My hobbies are watching sci-fi movies,dancing, reading, writing quotes, learning and practicing new things.

I love being a part of kalpana program,learnt a lot, found positive changes in me

Looking forward to learning gluts of more new thingsā€‹:crossed_fingers::grinning:

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Rishita Deore. Iā€™m in my fourth year of an Integrated M. Sc. program at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda and am currently living in Baroda, Gujarat.

Biology fascinates me the most. In addition to reading about science, I love reading fiction novels, magazines and blogs. I enjoy playing badminton, listening to podcasts and watching movies/series.

I recently came across an interesting article titled - Elephants almost never get cancer thanks to multiple gene copies, which talks about Petoā€™s paradox and the importance of the p53 gene in protecting elephants from cancer.

Looking forward to gaining deeper insights into science and learning from everyone here!

3 Likes

Hello everyone
My name is Pryianka Choudhary. I am from Jammu pursuing my BSC in physics from Cluster University Jammu.
My areas of interest are physics-mathematics, chemistry.
I am also developing my interest in computer programming
My hobbies are teaching kids, learning new things, reading spiritual books
Recently I have done a project on Hirshfeld surface analysis of coumarin derivatives and different types of interaction in it.
Being a part of Kalpana I came to know about many things and am excited to learn from all of you here
Thank you

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Dr. Anushila Chatterjee. I earned my Ph.D. in Biochemistry from State University of New York at Buffalo, and received postdoctoral training in Microbiology from University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine. Although, my research journey abroad was extremely gratifying, I returned to India with the believe that my training will be best utilized if I can help empower the next generation of Indian scientists and add value to Indiaā€™s scientific progress. Currently, I am the Lead of Program and Curriculum Design at VigyanShaala International. Excited to be a part of the scientific community at Metastudio.

2 Likes

Name : Varsha G Joseph
College: All Saintsā€™ College, TVM
Current study status : Msc Environmental Science
Hobbies : Reading science articles,gardening, making crafts using plastics
Iā€™m very much enthusiastic to read science articles. Currently Iā€™m going through an article on climate change. Iā€™m very much sad after going through some pages. Our water resources are depleting on every million seconds that we can offer only a few barren lands for the future generations as a remembrance of rivers.i wish to seek some innovative ideas to overcome this condition.

2 Likes

Name - Aarti Venkatesan
College/Present Institution - Gargi College , University of Delhi
Your Present Location (City/Town/Village/Country) - New Delhi
Areas of Interest - Neuroscience, Immunology , Evolution and reproductive biology
Hobbies - Dancing, sketching and listening to podcasts
Share your exciting STEM activity you are doing today - I read recently that dolphins indulge in intercourse not only because of the need for reproduction but for pleasure as well , it was very fascinating to know