Zero Garbage- manage your own garbage

It will do the work but how much it will cost

Dont know the cost. You will have to check with a bicycle spares shop.

1 Like

Sir as I am discussing in my home about broken lid of Tumblr and finding alternatives my mother suggested me to use unused washing machine😂.

But this idea can work for us as good source and for making commercial product.
But my objective for zero garbage is to make it easy, convenient and affordable.
So can we make the washing machine Tumblr in minimum amount. As we know washing machine has spinning, drainage and capacity checker and it blend this function to clean the clothes.
For composting we have 3 purpose
Blending, chopping and decrease smell.
If we make washing machine like Tumblr or dustbin with automated system like IoT and adding some sensor we can blend it in that dustbin we can add organic culture as detergent and on we can chop and blend that compost.
It will cost at first time but if we start to observe this we can create garbage machine which can use to compost and collect mannuer.
So, it will also do this quickly but we have to decrease 5he cost for dustbin.

In my house I have 2 dustbin which cost 150₹ each and 2 broom which also cost 150₹ each.
So total cost is 600 and broom quality is to good so it will last for year and dustbin can also last for year.
And for collecting waste we spend 50₹ for collector.
So, we spend 650₹ for year on garbage roughly.
If we make dustbin machine so let say we have to make that product which will last for 5year.
So, cost will be 3250 as we traditionally collect waste.
And in this 5 years we can collect monthly let say half kg compost of good quality. And organic culture we can make in home.
So let say 30kg of mannuer we can make in 5 years.
But consider 6kg in a year 100₹ per kg means 600₹ we can make from year.
Also it will depend on garbage it rough assumption.
So we are getting rough fig. Of 7000₹ means it is both profit and also cost of waste equipment that we use
We can’t ditch broom and waste collector thing. But we can remove dustbin.
So my question is can we make.the washing maschine like garbage machine in 4k-7k price range share your thoughts @GN @karnamdpdurga

1 Like

I have managed the broken hole part :smiley:.
I repaired the lid.

I replaced it with big metal plate which we can use for drainage.

It is fitted well as a lid

2 Likes

20 days compost is ready it is shrinked to 1/5th of Tumblr size.

4 Likes

@palaneprashant You are rocking! :metal: :metal:

Let us now work on a model, which all of us can quickly make at our home, given your experience of designing it from the scratch!

-DP

2 Likes

Yes for simple model we have to choose 20 to 30 litre container and we have to add 4 big different hole on top bottom left right and in horizontal hole we have to attach bush with nut which will help to rotate container.
For keeping it above ground to rotate we need rod or plastic pipe which will work as a stand

is this dry or wet? The picture looks like it is wet.

2 Likes

Yes it is wet I have not added soil and fruit quantity is more and due to rain water increase but it is like clay now.

1 Like

More commercial model will be the combination of washing machine and digestive system we can blend this idea and we can do cost cutting.
Now like for avairatpatra which is manual it cost for 4000₹.
If we use this much money we can make automated model which replicate our digestive system like washing machine model

1 Like

Nematodes eat bacteria and fungi produced during composting and may help in controlling the smell from rotting vegetables.I find that my sprouted potato slice where nematodes are growing has no visible growth of fungus or any smell.Besides the nematode the roots of the potato plant which is growing could.also b releasing chemicals to prevent decaying microbes hence the slice has not rotted but is dry and hard.

2 Likes

Yes ma’am I have seen your potato video.
But please explain it how to implement it in Tumblr.
We are changing model and it will be better to add more culture to compost garbage well

New model design for tumblr

2 Likes

broken tumblr

The cocunt will be use for small plants as a pot

Transferring and mixing 27 days waste with soil and planting trees in this mixture.
Soil is kept for drying and I will mix it with Tumblr waste to make dry soil which will be use for planting new seeds.

soil

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:
Designing the tumblr

2 Likes

1 month of zero garbage

So, I am using this compost to plant three flowers.
I have observing from 7 days by not rotating compost because of this I got many flies near like thisIMG-20201231-WA0034

So Captured in container.
And now mixing this with dry soil and @magpie ma’am instructed me about nematodes so doing that also.

Tumblr

dry soil

I am mixing compost with soil and settling and watering for 10 days

plastic wrappers

All this wrappers will be used to make something or it will be handed towards plastic collectors.

1 Like

We have to move on now to over goal of managing waste in home.
So, started with old clothes which are became shorter.

1 Like

garbage cane SHEET.PDF (44.2 KB)

Design of new Tumblr.

garbage cane sectional view.PDF (138.6 KB)

2 Likes

First plant grown by using compost.
3 flower plants are planted with matki and other Grain.

3 Likes