Zero Garbage- manage your own garbage

Do the microbes cone from the air?
If so does areating the solution speed up or improve the compost?

2 Likes

Yes sir due to rotating it generates more oxygen in Tumblr and releases false smell

1 Like

Yes, in this setup, there are two sources of microbes; air and the microbial culture suggested by @GN.
Aerating the solution/compost/mixture will do good!
It will homogenise the mixture. Adding microbial culture in the form of the solution mentioned by @GN will speed up the growth of microbes. There are chances that the microbes present in the microbial culture won’t be present in mixture/compost beforehand.
Addition of it will help in both ways.

3 Likes

So I did this in 2017-18. I collected my plastic waste for a year or so. And then collaborated with a local NGO who designed different types of bags, which I later tested for durability. It is not the best solution to tackle plastic waste. But it does help to increase the life (use) of the plastic.

7 Likes

If you are part of a larger group (housing society, educational institute) - then you should definitely collaborate with “Safai Bank of India”. Your society can “open” an account with them and “deposit” plastic waste. You can check details here: https://safaibank.org/
Unfortunately, they don’t (to the best of my knowledge) cater to individual collections.

3 Likes

Does a combination of organisms like earthworms, nematodes along with the bacteria and fungus that are already here serve any purpose here? Can these be our metaModelSystem?

@Arunan @saida786110 @KiranyadavR @Lydia and others!

@magpie @Anshu_kadam_2813 working on nematodes (on rotting potatoes) and @ earthworm groups, can the fungus and bacterial growth you see, be of any use in reducing stench in the composting process?

Because compost pit also has a lot of potato-like stuff! Can we culture and maintain nematodes, earthworms and definitely fruitflies here?

See nematode culture here! This is shockingly similar and needed here! :scream:

-DP

3 Likes

Nice you have used it for making products @Adithi you are right but it not the ideal solution

2 Likes

Please tell us more about this here.
If you have some experience please share

Yes, means we have different types of food materials means different chemicals, smell and all such things.

We can make combine lab. In CUBE chatshala I mentioned about moina culture but it is different but I use this example for connecting that culture and different model system part, but I am fail to explain or bridge the gap between this topics to @saida786110.

So, please help @karnamdpdurga to discover more opportunities with this Tumblr to make complete model system with more than 3-4 criteria like

Olfactory
Waste management
Composting
Culture
Chemical composition
Electronics

So, let’s discuss this also.
If we do this more people will start by themselves if they get beneficial outcomes.

We have to slowly and steadily discuss this topic as we solve basic issues with Tumblr.

Please share your thoughts @drishtantmkawale @jtd @GN @Ashish_Pardeshi @Ravi @KiranyadavR @saida786110 @yash_sheregare @bivasnag and also @GN sir

Please if possible try to make this or try to search different criteria regarding this to start on small case. For example for metastudio and chatshala community on small case.

2 Likes
1 Like

For contributing more towards waste I have created post on website please check that and please start small steps and share your experiences here

Zero garbage post

2 Likes

Plastic is main issue in garbage and it is difficult also and it is the main key if we can justify use of plastic I found one innovative buisness model of plastic recharkha.
Watch this plastic fabric it is in marathi but English subtitles are available

If you cannot start this follow

4R
Refuse
Reduce
Reuse
Recycle

Refuse any material which is harmful for Environment.
Reduce if their is no other convenient alternative
Reuse the materials whenever it is possible.
and you are successful in all of this
Recycle the materials to meet Environment friendly goals.

Plastic fabric is Handloom fabric so it is costly but it is best practice to recycle plastic commercially.

2 Likes

Can we make this tumblr as a mixer.
For simple model I have 4 holes up down left right when we place this up side down in down can we attach mixer container cutter by which we can chop all materials or we can use the batter maker which spins and blend solution we can use it for mixing soil or cow dung.

I have brake the right side means hole is now bigger . So, I can use it as opportunity to modify please suggest mixer cutter modification and challenge

1 Like

Can you share your idea with the help of a schematic diagram?
That will help us in visualising your idea in a better way!

1 Like

Ok I will try to make diagram & I will share it.

Rough sketch
Means I want to fit mixer containr blade in bottom hole. I have 3 to 4 ideas I will make perfect design and I will share it.
Share some new idea
@Farhan @drishtantmkawale @SukritiM
@ravi312 @Ashish_Pardeshi

3 Likes

Or we can increase size of hole and we can rotate it like pot makers rotate pot when they start to make pot from soil.
But the garbage will not mix properly.

I have also tried by using axis and two handles like we have in the top thread photo by exercising back and fourth like we do for rop in wave motion we can blend this garbage properly than using stand.

Let us go step by step.
Tell us what all do you have in mind first.

If you share your idea(s), then there is a possibility that someone of us must be having the same thing in mind!
This will help in developing the idea further into actual art!
THOUGHT PROCESS–>ACTUAL PROGRESS

What all is there in your Drum/Tumbler? What type of grinding does it need?
Talking about jugaads that had been applied for boosting microbial decomposition, how is it going?

It is going good for microbial culture and now compost is made of early days garbage.
I have only added soil, cow dung and orange and lemon peels after drying them and just break them by hand.
No other activity to boost microbial.

For design part I have brake the tumblr from one side so I have to fix it I can’t use that end because it is very brittle so that’s why I am proposing new design changes.

For chopping and mixer blade part, I have to chop vegetables residue daily so for that I need blade to blend it properly.
To do that it has large means 5-7 cm materials will be their and strength will very according to fruit and vegetable so blade needs to survive in that condition.

Yesterday I blend the waste by moving back and forth by using its axis and handles, it is blended very well now I can see compost soil. But after that when I attached to stand the one side is broke.
So, point is I am also looking for easy method or exercising method.

In early discussion @karnamdpdurga suggested to attach Tumblr to bicycle chain and modify it so that when we padel the Tumblr will rotate but it is difficult to start and requires some budget.

The Tumblr is for storing and rotating rotation is main part from rotating the composition will be better for use in soil

1 Like

Bicycle gear is a speed multiplier and force divider. Hence you require higher force especially at the start. If you reverse the gear - small gear driving the big gear - you will have slower rotation but with very less effort.

2 Likes