One of the project here is to build IOT Micro Weather Station
At HBCSE-TIFR, Mumbai we built and deployed one.
It is working flawlessly but for few hours (last time it worked 7 hours) after that device is automatically shutting down. I posted regarding this issue
Mostly the issue is with the power management. So keeping this and all other issues in mind, we have decided to redesign a single shield for Arduino Mega (as we are using Arduino Mega Board). This shield will be completely modular, so that one can plug the market ready modules , such as bluetooth, RTC, WiFI, OLED etc.
This shield consist of following features:
- It will hold polarised connectors for all the sensors.
- Separate power management.
- WiFi (for publishing data on internet) with software ON/OFF switching.
- Bluetooth (for debugging purpose) with software ON/OFF switching.
- Micro SD Card for offline data logging.
- Tiny OLED (128 x 64) Display.
- Real Time Clock ( for Date and Time Stamp).
- On Board LM35 (Analog Temperature Sensor) and LDR.
- On Board Buzzer, Potentiometer, switches, WS2812 Neo Pixel and few LEDs.
We welcome your ideas and suggestions for this Shield.
This is how new shield will look
We have already asked few vendors for the quotation of the above PCB and hopefully confirming the manufacturing today itself.