We discussed the concept of “Molecule Polarity” from the scratch via PhET simulation in the Part I. We will extend our discussion here.
Here our main focus is the three atoms section of the simulation.
- Link of the simulation: https://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/molecule-polarity
- Link of the recording: click here
- How to determine the bond dipoles based on the electronegativity difference?
- How to determine the molecular dipole using the bond dipoles?
- Guess the polarity of the water molecule using this concept. You can use the below figure as hint.
- P.S.: It is the Java Version of the simulation. Link of this version is Molecule Polarity (colorado.edu).
- Share your thoughts, questions and comments regarding the simulation and your experience during exploring the simulation.
We welcome all kind of suggestions and feedback if this was useful and how can be collectively make it better.
Collaborators in video resource creation: Prof Savita Ladage, Deepak Arora, Hanza George, Mursaleen Shaikh, Ravi Sinha, Ashish Pardeshi, Indrani Das, Swarnava Mitra
PhET Interactive Simulations
University of Colorado Boulder