We continued our discussion on the concept of “Molecule Shape and Geometry” after part one via PhET simulation.
- Which is more diffused among bond pair electrons and lone pair electrons?
- Concept of Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion (VSEPR) theory.
- Explanation of the deviation of the bond angle of water from the ideal tetrahedral angle i.e. 109.5°.
- Prediction of electronic geometry and then how to assign positions of lone pair using VSEPR theory to obtain the molecular geometry.
- Share your thoughts, questions and comments regarding the simulation and your experience during exploring the simulation.
We welcome all kind of suggestions and feedback if this was useful and how can be collectively make it better.
Collaborators in video resource creation: Prof Savita Ladage, Deepak Arora, Hanza George, Mursaleen Shaikh, Ravi Sinha, Ashish Pardeshi, Indrani Das, Swarnava Mitra
PhET Interactive Simulations
University of Colorado Boulder