Observing growth and developmental stages of zebra fishes

:tropical_fish::face_with_monocle:WHY ONLY ZEBRAFISHES ARE BEST FOR RESEARCH PURPOSE TO TREAT DISEASES SUFFERED BY HUMANS???::thinking:
★Humans and zebrafish share 70 percent of the same genes and ★84 percent of human genes known to be associated with human disease have a counterpart in zebrafish. ★Major organs and tissues are also common.
★As a vertebrate, the zebrafish has the same major organs and tissues as humans. Their muscle, blood, kidney and eyes share many features with human systems. ★Zebrafish have the unique ability to repair heart muscle. For example, if part of their heart is removed they can grow it back in a matter of weeks.

ZEBRA FISH AS MODEL ORGANISM🐠
★@Lahari D.K.W college Nellore,Ap decided to work on zebra fish model.
★5 male &5 female zebra fishes procured from zoology dept of vs University, Ap,Then I have started these zebra fish culture on 3/01/23.

★I have arranged the fish tank with proper safety measures.Filling the tank with fresh water, Adding some pebbles, arrangement of plants inside the tank to create natural environment for fishes,then attachment of Aretors to give Oxygen

★How to identify male & Female zebra fishes???
females are usually larger.Males are a bit smaller and more slender than females.females tend to have a larger belly & abdomen is bulged. male is like flat.
Screenshot_2023-07-16-18-12-08-49

LIVE FEED ARTEMIA (salt water living organism)
★Apparatus: salt,1000ml beaker,water, Artemia eggs,spoon,Net.
★Water filled in 1000 ml beaker ,added 1 spoon salt,pinch of artemia eggs added in it.
★Wait for 24 hours.After next day morning larve hatched.That live artemia larve will filtered
with fresh water and feed to Zebrafishes.this process repeated every day.
Screenshot_2023-07-16-17-02-14-50

content://media/external/downloads/13832
Screenshot_2023-07-16-18-13-14-78

BREEDING SETUP TO COLLECT EGGS:
★To study of developmental stages of zebra fishes we must collect eggs of it and culture them for that we need breeding setup.(Eggs of Zebrafishes were transparent).
★I have choosed an medium size glass tray cover it with net by using rubber bands tightly.
★Keep that setup into bottom of the Zebrafishes tank.Wait for a few days to collect eggs.
Then take out the tray from tank.We may observe transparent eggs.
IMG_20230716_185925
IMG_20230716_190002
OBSERVATION OF DEVELOPMENTAL STAGES:
★After eggs collected then added some water to it to see Developmental stages.observed the egg under microscope and start observation of different stages.
★When the embryo comes to 2 weeks old size then I given some powder fish feed to that baby zebrafishes like in humans we give nestam to babies.
★note down of stages and difference in their size.After 2 months baby zebrafishes becomes adult then I given artemia feed to that baby zebrafishes also for some days and then transferred that fishes to main parent fishes tank finally.

2 months old Zebra fishes :point_down:
content://media/external/downloads/13831
★Genetically the Zebrafishes gene 70 %similar to humans so by study of these zebrafishes we can treat many diseases.
If humans got any disease then we can use these zebrafishes to test on them for quick result.

PPT LINK ::point_down:
CNM Zebrafish 2023 - Google Slides.

Screenshot_2023-07-16-20-21-25-57
THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION :tropical_fish:.:hugs:

2 Likes