Aim: The basic aim is to create a kind of SMART Spectacles for the deaf that will convert speech to text and display it for them to read.
Currently I am working on a project to make spectacles for the deaf. The following are the components I will be using.
- A sound detection module sensor
- SIM800L GSM/GPRS Module
- OLED Display for Arduino
The plan for my project currently is the following:
- Record sound and take the output in Analog.
- Send that output to a free website that I will create to convert it into text using the GSM/GPRS module which will provide access to the internet.
- Send the text back to Arduino.
- Display the text on the OLED Display for the Arduino which will be mounted on the spectacles.
In addition to above to take full advantage of the GSM/GPRS Module I am thinking about implementing calling and messaging facility too in the spectacles.
I would like to know what the community here at STEMGames think about it and what changes do they suggest to make this a success. I am kind of newbie to a project of this scale and scope so some of my points above might seem crazy so I welcome any suggestions and points you have to say on this.